thredUP Launches Instagram Auction Series to Benefit Feeding America
thredUP’s ‘Shop Her Closet’ series is back and better than ever before with weekly Instagram auctions featuring items from some of the most coveted wardrobes — and it’s all for a good cause.
thredUP’s longstanding Shop Her Closet series allows notable women to share their clothes for good, and this spring, the series is taking to Instagram for a new and engaging way to shop and give back. Each week throughout the month of May, thredUP will auction off items from a new closet on Instagram, and 100% of the sales will be donated to Feeding America. Auctions will begin Wednesdays at 5pm PST and are live for 24 hours.
thredUP’s Instagram Auction Schedule:
- Whitney Port — May 13th
- Becca Kufrin — May 20th
- Sophia Bush — May 27th
- Bekah Martinez — June 10th
- Lauren Bushnell — June 17th
*dates subject to change
How to bid on items:
- thredUP will auction off up to nine items from a new closet by posting images of the items to their Instagram with a starting price.
- Auctions will begin Wednesdays at 5pm PST and are live for 24 hours.
- All you have to do is comment on the Instagram post and include your bid amount and the item you’re bidding on. If you want to bid on more than one item, you can post multiple comments!
- The winner of each auction will be notified the following Monday.
- 100% of the sale prices will be donated to Feeding America.
Together with thredUP’s other charitable initiatives, thredUP has the goal of donating $1M to Feeding America.
Click here to read more about thredUP’s programs that help people give back.
thredUP is the world’s largest fashion resale platform, inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company has spent the past 10 years reinventing resale, building a marketplace and infrastructure now poised to power the $50B resale economy and usher in a more sustainable fashion future. Millions of consumers use thredUP as the easiest way to sell their clothes and shop over 45,000 brands at up to 90% off — online, in stores or via “try-before-you-buy” Goody Boxes. Backed by world-class investors, thredUP designed a resale engine that has redistributed over 100 million unique garments from closets across America and is now powering resale for the broader fashion industry via its Resale-As-A-Service (RAAS) platform.