thredUP Launches the LUXE Shop for Certified, Designer Gems
After two months in private beta, the world’s largest online thrift store officially expands to luxury resale.
Within a 60 day private beta launch, LUXE is already on track to contribute over $10M to thredUP’s sales this year alone.
thredUP, the world’s largest online thrift store, today is launching a new LUXE Shop, filled with newly released designer items from over 600 brands. The LUXE Shop launch comes on the heels of two months in private beta, where over 2,000 early LUXE suppliers participated. Throughout the beta, thredUP has quietly sold a percentage of LUXE items to refine pricing, while the majority of LUXE items will be released today.
Go to thredUP.com/luxe-shop to see the best of LUXE →
Within a 60 day private beta launch, LUXE is already on track to contribute over $10M to thredUP’s sales this year alone. While this is just a small portion of the company’s core business now, thredUP aims to grow LUXE significantly by extending the service to its broader user base of 18M women nationally.
“We have been blown away by the beta buyer and supplier results thus far,” said James Reinhart, CEO and Founder of thredUP. “LUXE items are flying off the shelves, and we’ve had overwhelming participation from suppliers. Our customers told us that they wanted a one-stop solution to sell the full mix of brands in their closet, and LUXE accomplishes just that.”
Results of the LUXE Beta
Fanciest Items Received during the beta
- Fendi Bag ($3,100 retail, $1,859 on thredUP). Shop.
- Chanel Leather Shoulder Bag ($4,900 retail, $1,654 on thredUP). Shop.
- Givenchy Leather Satchel ($2,290 retail, $1,699 on thredUP. Shop.
- Christian Louboutin Heels($3,995 retail, $1,999 on thredUP). Shop.
- Gianvito Rossi Heels ($650 estimated retail, $239 on thredUP). Shop.
- Yves Saint Laurent Heels ($895 retail, $584 on thredUP). Shop.
- Valentino Gown ($11,000 retail, $1,509 on thredUP). Shop.
- Missoni Pants ($1,370 retail, $59 on thredUP). Shop.
- Gucci Leather Skirt ($2,200 retail, $349 on thredUP). Shop.
Top Categories Received
- Shoes, Dresses, Handbags
Top Brands Received
- Prada, Chanel, Burberry, Manolo Blahnik, Marc Jacobs
Why Sell with LUXE?
1. We Take Everything & Make It Easy
Request a LUXE Clean Out Kit, fill it with both high and low items, and use the prepaid shipping label. We’ll do the sorting, and put LUXE brands through special processing.
2. Seasoned Authenticators You Can Trust
Every item is meticulously inspected by trained authenticators with luxury backgrounds and years of resale experience. They expertly inspect, itemize, photograph, and suggest prices.
3. No Risk, No Catch
LUXE sellers have the option to set prices and reclaim anything that doesn’t sell within 90 days for free. thredUP will return any items that don’t meet quality standards. They will also have access to dedicated customer support lines to get answers they need from trained experts.
4. Highest Commissions Anywhere
Sellers earn up to 80% commission when items sell. thredUP’s processing centers across the U.S. are calibrated to keep costs low, and savings are translated into the highest possible payouts for your designer goods.
5. Technical Garment Bags for Specialty Goods
thredUP designed a uniquely durable, tear-proof Clean Out Kit made of 100% recycled materials, which can be reused hundreds of times. Sellers can feel confident in the safety of their items and the lightened eco-impact.